RR RACING 250 2T MY 2023
An all new level of performance
Autumn has arrived – and as usual Betamotor presents the new RR Racing My 2023 to warm the hearts of Enduro fans! In keeping with Beta traditions, the RR Racing range of bikes come complete with everything needed to transform the Enduro models of the Tuscan brand into machines ready to race in the toughest conditions and the most competitive events.
The main new feature of the 2-stroke and 4-stroke Racing My 2023 models is the introduction of the Kayaba (KYB) rear shock, specially made by the Japanese suspension experts for Betamotor’s Enduro bikes. It benefits from the best materials and the most modern research carried out together with Beta engineers, enabling a major evolutionary step in the bike’s suspension. The Racing model range is finished off with new Racing graphics, highlighting the sleek shape of the new radiator shrouds introduced on the RR a few months ago, and a number of different components, such as the handguards.
Ideal for those looking for a gentler 2-stroke bike with slightly less power and torque than top-of-the-range models to ensure excellent handling.
The racing pedigree of the sportiest version of Beta’s Enduro range is evident in the RR Racing My 2023 in a number of ways:
• Quick release front axle: immediately recognisable by the red anodised alloy release lever, the axle is crucial for saving precious seconds in a race when you need to change a tyre.
• Reinforced handguards: The new handguards, designed and manufactured in-house by Betamotor, feature a two-component material mould, in red and blue, which not only give the bike a racing look but also make them especially hard-wearing in even the roughest off-road use.
• Metzeler tyres: the bikes of the Racing range are fitted with the same tyres used by the official team riders in the EnduroGp championship. High-end products with championship-winning levels of grip!
• Ergal alloy footpegs: to ensure maximum control at all times and ensure no loss of contact with the bike, the RR Racing models are fitted with black ergal racing footpegs with steel pins, featuring a large contact surface area.
• Rear sprocket with anodised aluminium core and steel teeth by ZF Sprockets: top-class performance, lightness and strength – the perfect mix of all the attributes any racing component must have.
• Dedicated blue racing seat: an anti-slip cover and built-in pouch offering unparalleled grip, comfort and practicality.
• Anodised black gear lever and rear brake pedal.
• Gearbox oil filler cap, engine oil filler cap and oil filter cap anodised red aluminium.
• New Racing graphics and red and blue wheel decals.
• Chain tensioners in red ergal alloy.
• 48 mm Kayaba AOS closed cartridge fork: on the suspension front, the My 2023 retains the
closed cartridge fork by KYB. This product has been continuously honed through collaboration
between Beta and Kayaba, giving shape to a highly specialised component that not only
maximises the performance of RR Racing bikes, but also makes this performance even more
accessible. Anodised internal parts and the new treatments administered to the materials
minimise sliding friction, while adjustable compression and rebound damping let each rider find
the perfect customisation of the setting. Betamotor engineers have recalibrated the setting so
that the fork works optimally in synergy with the new rear shock.
• Kayaba C46 RCU Mono: The main change as far as the suspension of the RR Racing models is
concerned is the first ever use of a Kayaba rear shock, specifically designed and manufactured
for Beta’s 2 and 4-stroke RR Racing models. The new shock’s hydraulic setting can be fully
customised by adjusting the external compression (both high and low speed) and rebound
The joint research of Kayaba engineers and Betamotor’s R&D department in Rignano sull'Arno
led to the development of a shock that is particularly effective in enhancing the dynamic aspects
of the vehicle, under all conditions of use. KYB shocks are seen as a gold standard in the racing
scene in terms of its ability to absorb the roughness of the terrain, the level of traction
transferred to the vehicle and the consistency of performance even under particularly heavy
use, where the high temperatures generated by the suspension’s damping activity tend to make
the component’s performance fluctuate. There has therefore been an improvement in the bikes
set-up, both in racing use (for which the setting is intended) and in more amateur use, where
there is an overall increase in ride comfort.
In addition to these components, which span the entire range, there are some aspects specific to 2-stroke Racing models that are worth highlighting:
Engine - RR Racing 2Str 300 and 200
In the previous model year Beta made some changes to the power unit to enhance the performance of the RR Racing 2Str 300 and 200 models, which remain unchanged in the My 2023 model year. The 300 cc and 200 cc Racing engines therefore differ from the basic models in the following respects:
• RR 300 2Str: Compared to the RR models, the cylinder of the 300 cc engine now features modified exhaust and transfer port geometry and a different cylinder head, combined with a differently calibrated power valve. The cylinder head, different from standard both in terms of modified flow geometry and combustion chamber geometry, ensures a higher compression ratio, resulting in a substantial increase in performance. To better manage the increased power output of the engine, the power valve has also been modified, changing the internal spring and adjustment system to ensure full-bodied and readily accessible power delivery throughout the rev range. A different ignition timing completes the package.
Available from: October 2022
|Max Height||1270 MM|
|Frame||Molybdenum steel with double cradle split above the exhaust port|
|Max Length||2172 MM|
|Max Width||815 MM|
|Seat Height||930 MM|
|Ground Clearance||320 MM|
|Footrest Height||407 MM|
|Dry Weight||103,5 kg (front 50,8 kg; rear 52,7 kg)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||9.5L|
|Front Suspension||KYB Hydraulic USD close cartridge fork with ø 48 mm shaft|
|Rear Suspension||Monoshock with progressive compound lever|
|Type||Single cylinder, 2-stroke, liquid-cooled|
|Induction System||Induction Reed|
|Carburettor||Keihin PXK 36|
|Clutch||Wet multi-disc clutch|
|Engine Oil||SAE 10W/40|